COVID-19 (coronavirus): Latest advice for the Bond community.

Tuition And Financial Aid

Bond University is a private, not-for-profit institution where 100% of fees are reinvested in the student experience.

As Australia’s #1 rated private university, Bond delivers an exceptional educational experience.

Your fees are invested in world-class facilities, state-of-the-art resources and smaller classes that give you personal attention and support.

Some fees you may need to consider when exploring your options include tuition fees, student housing, meals and Visa/Health insurance fees.

The Value of a Bond Degree

When you're working out your budget, keep in mind that, for a standard Bachelor degree, you'll only have two years of tuition fees and living costs at Bond - compared to three years at most other Australian universities and four years at home. Similar savings apply for Master's and other graduate programs. 

Tuition Fees and Living Costs

Tuition fees vary depending on your choice of degree. Fees are paid at the start of each semester and charged on a per subject basis. Fees for each program are listed on the individual program page. Please note costs listed are in Australian dollars (AUD).

You can choose to study at Bond for a single semester to enhance your degree with a global perspective that you cannot learn in the classroom.

View Study Abroad fees.

All students pay the Bond University Student Services and Amenities fee which helps to fund campus services, sporting and recreational activities, orientation activities and all the events coordinated by the Bond University Students Association (BUSA). It also gives you free membership to the Bond University Sports Centre. It is payable at the start of each semester with your tuition fees.

Exemptions are available for Higher Degree by Research students and in some other circumstances.

Read more.

Health insurance is compulsory for all non-Australian students, covering the full duration of their study program. The Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) fee is paid just once, when you pay your first semester fees to Bond.

Learn more.

There are a number of on-campus and off-campus accommodation options. A dining plan is also available.

Explore accommodation.

Financial Aid & Student Loans

Bond University participates in the William D Ford Direct Loan program, which offers Stafford and PLUS loans to U.S. citizens.

There are a number of eligibility criteria which students must meet, as well as a number of loan types.

In addition, private education loans are available from non-government lenders, with approval based on credit history. It is also possible for students to use both a private education loan and a Federal loan.

See below for further information, and contact your International Regional Manager, Matt Stubbert, if you have any further queries. 

Bond University participates in the William D Ford Direct Loan program, which offers Stafford and PLUS loans to U.S. Citizens. Students who are approved for loans have their tuition fee deposit reduced to $500 and once they pay this amount plus their Overseas Health Cover charge and Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) to accept their offer to study at Bond University, a Confirmation of Enrolment form (CoE) will be issued, allowing students to apply for their student visa.

The U.S. Department of Education has an online resource page that covers a range of topics of interest to U.S. students pursuing education abroad.

To be eligible to apply for financial aid at Bond University, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Be enrolled at least half-time in an on campus full degree program (Bachelor, Master, MPhil or PhD).
  • Possess a high school diploma.
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements (GPA of 2.1 on a 4 point scale).
  • Be a citizen, national permanent resident or eligible non-citizen of the United States.
  • Not be in default on a Stafford, PLUS, SLS or Consolidation Loan.
  • Not owe a refund on any Title IV funding – Title IV refunds may be required for funds you may have received during periods when you were ineligible to receive those funds.
  • File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • For PLUS loans, you (Graduate or Professional students) or your parents (Undergraduate dependent students) must also pass a simple credit check.
  • Comply with requests for documentation if selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education, as indicated on your Student Aid Report.
  • Submit all documentation required by Bond University to verify your eligibility and determine your financial need.

Please Note:

  • You cannot apply for financial aid for the Medical program.
  • Normally you cannot enrol in any online and/or distance education subjects or in any program which has online and/or distance education subjects. However, if you are enrolled in a program which is deemed to be an otherwise eligible program for Federal Aid on March 1st, 2020, you are currently permitted to study online and/or remotely due to the waiver passed by the US government for studies affected by COVID-19.
  • You can participate in internships/externships provided those internships are subject to oversight by an accreditor or government entity (approval of the program by TEQSA is acceptable).
  • For further information please email [email protected]

Bond University participates in the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program, which offers Stafford (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) and PLUS loans to U.S. Citizens. Loans can only be used for bachelor's, master's and doctorate programs.

The maximum loan amount that you are eligible to borrow is determined by a process called Financial Needs Analysis (FNA). Firstly, your Cost of Attendance (COA) is determined based on the cost factors below. This is an estimate of your expected educational costs for the period in which you enrol (maximum period one year).

Your Estimated Financial Assistance (EFA), e.g. sponsorships or scholarships, is deducted from the COA to establish the amount that you can borrow.

In the case of dependent undergraduate students, the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), reported on the top right corner of your SAR, as well as your EFA, is deducted from your COA to determine your financial need and eligibility for a Subsidized loan.

These are the loans that are available:

Subsidized Stafford Loans are awarded to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. The federal government pays your interest while you are in school at least half-time, during the grace period and any periods of deferment. Although you are not required to make payments whilst you are studying, you will start repayment six months after you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrolment.

Unsubsidized Stafford Loans are available to all eligible students, regardless of income. Unlike the subsidized Stafford Loan, you are responsible for paying the interest. Interest accrues from the time of the first disbursement; however, you have the option of deferring your interest and principal payments until you enter the repayment period (at which point this interest is ‘capitalized’). Alternatively, you can opt to make a minimum repayment of $50 per month or the unpaid balance including interest, whichever is less. This will save you a lot of money in the long run. 

Parent PLUS Loans for Undergraduate Dependent Students are federally guaranteed loans that allow parents to borrow funds to pay for the educational expenses of their dependent student. The program requires the borrower to pass a simple credit check. Interest begins to accrue when funds are disbursed and repayment begins within 60 days after the loan has been fully disbursed.

PLUS Loans for Graduate Students are federally guaranteed loans that allow graduates to borrow funds to pay for educational expenses on their own or with an eligible co-signer. The program requires the borrower to pass a simple credit check. Before applying for this loan the borrower must apply for, and the school must determine, their eligibility for the maximum annual Stafford loan amount.

Helping you choose

Stafford and PLUS loans are available for both undergraduate and graduate studies.
The main advantages of Stafford loans are that they have lower interest rates and better repayment terms. However, because there are annual loan limits (please see below), many students apply for both a Stafford and a PLUS loan in order to meet the costs of their education.

Year of study Annual subsidised loan limits  Annual total combined loan limits (Sub & Unsub) Aggregate subsidised loan limits Aggregate combined loan limits (Sub & Unsub)
Undergraduate Dependent Students
1st year $3,500 $5,500 $23,000 $31,000
2nd year $4,500 $6,500 $23,000 $31,000
3rd year & above $5,500 $7,500 $23,000 $31,000
Undergraduate Independent Students
1st year $3,500 $9,500 $23,000 $57,000
2nd year $4,500 $10,500 $23,000 $57,000
3rd year & above $5,500 $12,500 $23,000 $57,000
Graduate & Professional Students
All years $0 $20,500 $65,500 $138,500

To ensure you have all the information you need to decide about studying at Bond University, please view current information about the University and our policies and procedures using the links below.

You need to know the current requirements and procedures for students and Bond University, under the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008. Our website provides the latest information (and we have summarised with a list of links below) but if you cannot find the information you need, please contact us if the information you require is not available

Financial Aid Officer
Student Business Centre
Bond University
14 University Drive
Robina, QLD 4226
Ph: +61 7 5595 4049
Email: [email protected]


Consumer Information

Relevant disclosures and web links


Student Financial Aid Information


  • All financial assistance programs available to students who enrol at Bond University
  • Terms and conditions relating to US Federal Student Aid, including:
    • The procedures and forms required to apply
    • Eligibility requirements & selecting recipients
    • Determining amount of awards
    • Methods and frequency of disbursements
  • Rights and responsibilities of students receiving Title IV, HEA student financial aid, including criteria for continued student eligibility and standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
  • The entrance and exit counselling information provided, and collected by Bond University

Financing your studies

Tuition and Financial Aid

The following programs are not available to Title IV students:

  • Medical program
  • Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate programs
  • Bond University College programs
  • Foundation programs
  • Non Degree\Non Award programs
  • Master of Laws in Family Dispute Resolution
  • Study Abroad Program (inbound)
  • Any program which contains any subject with an online component

The ‘Financial Aid Offer’ issued to eligible applicants specifies:

  • Frequency and dates of disbursements
  • Loan eligibility based on cost of attendance calculations
  • Rights and responsibilities
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress standard

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for US Federal Aid Students

Entrance counselling is completed prior to origination of loans. Exit Counselling is conducted electronically upon completion, withdrawal or dropping below half-time enrolment.


Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities


Disability support


Cost of Attendance

  • Tuition fees
  • Books and supplies
  • Transportation costs
  • Additional costs for a program
  • Living expenses

Fees & costs


Refund Policy, Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Title IV Financial Aid

  • Bond University fee payments & refund policy/procedure
  • Requirements and procedures for official withdrawal
  • Requirements for Return of US Federal Student Aid

Refund Policy

Return to Title IV Policy



Academic Program (Educational Program, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty)

  • Degrees on offer
  • Information on facilities
  • Faculty and other instructional personnel

Study at Bond – Future Students

Study at Bond - Programs


Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

  • Information Privacy
  • Cybersecurity


Information Security Policy

International Student Offer Letter (issued upon successful application to study) includes enrolment terms and conditions, including privacy.

34 CFR 668.41 (a)-(d); 34 CFR 668.42; 34 CFR 668.43; 34 CFR 668.44; 34 CFR Part 99

Stafford loan

If you previously applied for federal student loans, you may qualify to use a Renewal FAFSA. Renewal FAFSAs are generally available on the FAFSA website between November and December each year. They have fewer questions to answer because you only need to update information that has changed since you last applied.
Applying for Federal student aid is FREE.

Undergraduate students should sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for subsidized and unsubsidized loans; postgraduate students can sign the MPN here.

PLUS loan

Parents of dependent undergraduate students or graduate students themselves should go to Federal Student Aid and complete the following:

  • Sign in using your FSA Student PIN
  • Complete a Direct PLUS Loan Request (Application).
  • Sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Undergraduate or Graduate students for the Direct PLUS Loan.

The PLUS Loan application requires the borrower to pass a simple credit check. The amount you will apply to borrow is the amount required for the number of semesters in which you will be enrolled in the calendar year. A renewal loan application will then be lodged for additional semesters.

For more information please email [email protected]

Private education loans are available from non-government lenders and approval is based on credit history. It is recommended that you apply with a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen.

U.S. students can use private education loans to borrow the difference between the maximum Cost of Attendance (COA) and any Federal (Direct) Loan.

Private education loans are also available to those students enrolled in the Medical program and all non-degree programs such as Certificate, Graduate and Postgraduate Diploma programs which are ineligible for Federal funding. They can also be used when a student is otherwise ineligible for Federal loans, e.g. when they are enrolled less than half-time.

Presently Sallie Mae is the only lender offering private education loans to students studying outside of the U.S. and has now introduced a suite of loans created specifically for students pursuing graduate studies in business, medical and health professionsVisit Sallie Mae Student Loans for specific details about eligibility, how to apply, loan amounts and other terms and conditions.

Bond University strongly recommends that students first apply for Federal loans (where eligible) and then apply for additional funds through a private education loan if required. Federal loans are more favourable due to the generally lower interest rates and more flexible repayment options.

For further information please contact the Financial Aid Officer.

All students in receipt of Federal Student Aid must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress standards as set down by the U.S. Department of Education.

Read Bond University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.

Eligibility for GI Bill® Educational benefits can be extended to veterans, members of the Selected Reserves or National Guard; and children or spouses of service-connected deceased or totally and permanently disabled veterans. Each U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) education program has distinct eligibility requirements under specific chapters of Title 10 and 38, U.S. Code (USC). All students who feel they may be eligible for education benefits should submit an application. Even if a student appears to be ineligible, the DVA will review the application and officially grant or deny benefits. 

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site.

Approved study programs

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs will pay an eligible student education benefits for pursuit of an approved program of education or training. An approved program is a course of study or a program of training which has been determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs as meeting the legal requirements for payment of educational assistance benefits to veterans and other eligible persons. (38 CFR 21.7122(b))

The following are approved programs at Bond University:

If your proposed program of study does not appear in the list above, please contact the Financial Aid Officer to have your program added well before the commencement date of your program as it can take several months for programs to be approved.

Students who wish to apply for veteran benefits can do so online through the website.

Benefit programs

Post 9/11 GI Bill - Chapter 33

The Post - 9/11 GI Bill is an education benefit program for individuals who served on active duty on or after September 11, 2001.

Receiving Benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill

Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits are payable for training pursued on or after August 1, 2009. No payments can be made under this program for training pursued before that date.


You may be eligible if you served at least 90 aggregate days on active duty after September 10, 2001, and you are still on active duty or were honourably:

  1. discharged from the active duty; or
  2. released from active duty and placed on the retired list or temporary disability retired list; or
  3. released from active duty and transferred to the Fleet Reserve or Fleet Marine Corps Reserve; or
  4. released from the active duty for further service in a reserve component of the Armed Forces.

You may also be eligible if you were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.

For more information regarding the GI Bill, including rates of benefit, please visit U.S Department of Veterans Affairs - Education and Training.

Montgomery GI Bill - Chapter 30

Individuals who entered active duty after July 1984, and participated in the pay reduction program and served honorably for two years or more are eligible. Veterans or service persons cannot withdraw money paid into the fund.

Veterans Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Program - Chapter 31

This program is available to certain veterans who have a service-connected disability of 10 percent or greater. It provides a monthly stipend and also covers the cost of tuition, books, and supplies. Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis.

Veterans Education Assistance Program - Chapter 32

Individuals who entered active duty service between January 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985, served a continuous period of 181 days or more and contributed financially toward the education program are eligible for the VEAP program. Monthly benefits are determined by adding the amount of personal contributions and Department of Defence contributions made during the years of active service.

GI Bill for Dependents - Chapter 35

A child or spouse of a service-connected deceased or 100 percent disabled veteran may be eligible for veteran educational benefits. Benefits may be used until the dependent has reached the age of 27 or 8 years from the date of eligibility is determined, whichever is later.

Montgomery GI Bill for Reservists - Chapter 1606

An individual who enlisted, re-enlisted, or extended an enlistment in the Selected Reserve or National Guard for a period of 6 years after July 1, 1985, and has completed the initial active duty training is eligible for veteran benefits. This program does not require a contribution by the service person.

Diversity Abroad, in cooperation with the American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) offers scholarships to prospective American students interested in studying in Australia during the spring (6), summer (8) and fall (6) intakes. Read more.

The Fulbright Program is one the largest and most prestigious educational exchange programs in the world. The Australian-American Fulbright Commission is one of over 50 Fulbright Commissions in the world who work with the United States Department of State to facilitate the Fulbright Program between the United States and over 150 countries worldwide. 

The Gilman Scholarship Program seeks to diversify the kinds of students who study abroad and the countries and regions where they go. Established by the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000, the Gilman Program offers scholarships for students who have been traditionally underrepresented in education abroad and provides awards for U.S undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide. Read more


Bond University has one of Australia’s most generous scholarship programs, including a number of awards for international students.

Click here to find the scholarships you may be eligible for.